Thoughts of Gingerbread House decorating keeping you up at night?!? Then wake up early this Tues. Dec. 1st instead and catch us live at 7:45 on CTV’s Canada AM as Kim Gans, owner of Sweet Flour, dishes up tips & tricks on how to decorate this year’s Gingerbread House with style!
Holiday 2015 is the year to tackle the great Gingerbread House project, so pick up one of our Gingerbread House Decorating Kits and get started!
Check out our How-To Gingerbread House video for the basics on assembling and decorating your house, and then let your imagination play designer with all of the goodies in your kit:
- The brighter the better – whip up some icing from your kit and then add dashes of food colouring to give your icing a colorful boost
- Think outside the candy aisle — our M&M’s act as triple duty to make a stone chimney, a front pathway or Christmas lights for the outside of the house. Jujubes are a fun way to add in trees, flowers or other landscaping details
- Go green — candy that is! The classic green & white striped mints are a natural way to spruce up some greenery
- Make it Canadian — no Gingerbread House is complete without some mini-marshmallow snow piles
- Our kit is just a start — search your cupboards for more inspiration! Pretzels, chocolate chips, dried fruits — so many ways to add in delicious details!